Dun Dreamin Team

Dun Dreamin Team
Di & Tez Living the Dream

Saturday 9 July 2011

Kings Canyon

June 21-6-11
Drove to Kings Canyon, on, Lasseter hwy.
The road was a little narrow, saw camels and wild horses along the way.
It is another glorious day.
All of us except Tez went on a helicopter flight over Kings Canyon. WOW. It was fabulous.
This country is so vast. Then we walked all around the camping area.
June22-6-11
Today we went to Kathleen Springs, it is a nice leisurely walk, Tez come with us and enjoyed it. In the afternoon we did the base walk around the Canyon. Come back and the people we met at Curtain Springs were there, so chatted with them also saw dingo`s in the park.
Lucky we have our own toilet and shower as the facileitis's in the park are dreadful.
June 23-6-11
Today we did the Rim walk around the Canyon I made it , but never again.
I have never been so frightened in my life, my heart was pounding ,my legs were wobbling,my hands were shaking and all I could think of was that I had to come back down. It was so steep. All day you were up and down. I didn`t realise I was afraid of heights to that extent.
But that is another one I can mark off the bucket list.
June 24-6-11 left the Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment