Dun Dreamin Team

Dun Dreamin Team
Di & Tez Living the Dream

Thursday 15 September 2011

Timber Creek.

Hi Everyone,
We have just come through , the Victoria River Area of The Northern Territory. With a very big surprise for me.
Our stay this time was at a small town, called Timber creek, at a caravan park run by the Aboriginals.
It was very clean and well run. We had 3days of bad winds though.
Went out to see a Homestead, that was down a dirt road for 35 ks, with boabs everywhere just beautiful.
When we started reading about this homestead, Carol and I couldn't`t believe it. It was the Home of a family that I had searched out a book of, and we had happened at this place just by chance. I was so excited, as this was a station that I was hoping to fly over, on a mail run. Instead I ended up being able to walk all over it .
It just felt so unreal. It brought tears to my eyes.
Then after leaving, the homestead, we went 4WD over the area that these people had walked to come to this
Station.
It makes you feel so lucky to be in this day and age, with 4WD air con etc. None of which they had.
It took us 2 1/2 hrs to drive 20ks. Imagine how long it took them , to get here.
I just was in ore of this man. Mr. Charlie Schultz.
Then over the next couple of days the boys had a fish, to no avail.
also we went and did more sightseeing lookouts an old Police Station.
Then we headed off toward our net stop Lake Argyle.
On our way we had to go through Quarantine, as we were going into Western Australia.
The day before we left we were making sure we didn`t have anything that we shouldn't`t. ate all our fruit and veges. I kept saying to the girls, you sure we don`t have anything. No all is gone.
Off we go get to the boarder, They go through without a hitch.
This creep comes to Tez and I. We had a Broccoli box in our car, "You can`t take that in" , Why? "I have bleached and washed it out".
" Don`t think you are going to get on the soft side of me " he said.  [ I bet if I was 30 years younger it would have made a difference.]
So then I had to take the two from under the bed that I had other food stuffs packed in also.
I wouldn`t have cared if he had done his job properly, but he didn`t take the lid for the box out of the car.
didn`t check a 110 ltr box Tez had fishing gear in, that could have had honey veges anything in. I was so angry, as it took me all afternoon to re pack and clean the van. Not Happy Jan.
Not a good introduction to W.A.
The others new nothing of this as they had moved on and were waiting down the road.
Never mind another learning experience. Do not use Broccoli boxes to pack things in if you are going interstate, you can use fish boxes instead.
WE are all well and looking forward to the next part of our adventure.

1 comment: